How to change graphics card settings to use your dedicated GPU with Artlantis on a Windows computer?
Intel integrated graphics cards on Windows machines are not supported with Artlantis. This is due to a large number of unresolvable issues being reported by users with integrated graphics cards.If you have an additional, dedicated graphics card in your computer, you can change your settings so that the dedicated card will be used by Artlantis for improved performance.
These steps may vary from computer to computer, but the following is a good guide for how to get this done.
1. Right click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties. This will open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel. Click on Advanced Mode and OK.
2. In the next window, click on the 3D tab and set your 3D preference to Performance Mode. Click Apply.
3. Now select the Power tab and set the Power Plans to Maximum Performance. If you sometimes perform with your laptop only running on battery, then select battery in the top right corner and also set it for Maximum Performance. Click Apply.
4. Close the Intel Graphics Control Panel and right click on the desktop again. This time select the control panel for your dedicated GPU (usually NVIDIA or ATI/AMD Radeon).
5. NVIDIA graphics cards (for ATI Radeon cards, skip to point 8)
For NVIDIA cards, click on Adjust Image Settings with Preview, select Use my preference emphasizing: Performance and click Apply.
6. Click on Manage 3D Settings and open the drop down menu for Global Settings. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as your preferred graphics processor and click Apply.
7. Open the drop down menu for Program Settings and click Add. Search for the Artlantis application.
The default location for Artlantis V5 is C:/Program Files(x86) /Artlantis Studio 5.exe or Artlantis Render 5.exe and double click the Artlantis Studio.exe or Artlantis Render.exe (depending to your license) to select it. Open the drop down menu in step 2. and select the High-performance NVIDIA processor as the preferred graphics processor for this program and click Apply.
ATI/AMD Radeon Cards
NOTE: There is a huge variation in versions of the ATI/AMD Radeon Catalyst Control Center for adjusting the settings for these cards so the following should be seen more as indicative than actual. Even if your Control Center looks different to these images, the principles are the same and you should be able to find similar options to those described here.
8. For ATI/AMD Radeon cards, go to Graphics > PowerPlay - Set Plugged In and Battery to Maximum Performance. Click Apply.
9. If applicable to your graphics card, go to Graphics > 3D and move the slider across to Performance so it is set for Optimal Performance. Click Apply. NOTE: This function might not be available on all ATI models.
10. If your Catalyst Control Center has the Switchable Graphics tab go there and browse to locate Artlantis studio.exe or Artlantis Render.exe and set it for High Performance. Click Apply.
The default location for Artlantis V5 is C:/Program Files(x86) /Artlantis Studio 5 or Artlantis Render 5 (depending to your license)
4.1 5.0 5.1 6.0